|Job Title:||HSE Manager||Reports To:||Director of Operations|
|Status:||Full-Time||Revision Date:||January 2023|
Scope of Responsibilities: As the Director of Safety of the Company, you will be responsible for establishing, overseeing, and managing the safety culture of the company.
- Track employees and ensuring that all SWA’s & Near Misses, First Aids, Incidents & Illnesses are being addressed and investigated to find the Root Causes & Learnings.
- Ensure we stay proactive every day with continual Gap Analysis and Hazard recognition.
- Oversee & review our Daily JSA’s, Safe Work Permits & Stop Work Authority is healthy. The LMS is functioning, and our training is being done not only for our new hires but, for our experienced personnel. Ensure our OJT is including “Safety First” in all we do.
- Keep Safety Alerts moving to all Field & Shops personnel from internal learnings and that of our clients.
- Everyday updates on ISN, Avetta, Complyworks, Meercats, etc.
- Keeping up our stats for OSHA current (300,300A & 301 Logs).
- Attend and Update Charts & Agendas for the Daily and Weekly Meetings (client Safety, Amarillo & Spring Shops, Technician Safety Call, LAC, etc.).
- Continue tracking the vehicle repairs status for our Insurance (Traveler’s) and ensuring that we are closing these incidents out and track any litigation that is ongoing from these incidents.
- Watching our Corrective Actions Log and keep the Quality Assurance issues pertinent on these issues and track the CA’s on frequency and severity.
- Working on building the HSE & Quality programs needed to achieve ISO 9001, 17025 & 45001 certifications.
- Deal with everyday issues that arise and address them as they come in.
- Continuing communications with the entire company and ensuring the different department are addressing issues (Shops, Field Service, Offices, Sales & HR).
- Continue to take the regular training through ISN, Avetta, Meercats, etc. to keep the company on target with required Training Compliance.
- Be available to all employees for calls on incidents, illnesses & HSE questions.
- Staying updated on the Health Issues daily on COVID and Pandemic Preparedness by reviewing the CDC Guidelines and Ensuring the State DOH’s are not calling for any different rules & regs in any state in which we work. (Communicate this to the workforce in real-time.)
- Support safety training of field personnel and the internal trainers.
Training and Development
- Communicate with staff regarding the expiration dates of their certifications; update new certification expiration dates once certificate is received.
- Assist in the execution of performance evaluations and accurate filing of completed evaluations.
- Assist in the assessment, development, and execution of a company-wide training program for each position.
- Other training and development activities, as requested.
Labor Law Compliance
- Manage the labor law posters at all locations, ensuring updated posters are ordered when legislative changes occur or if the posters get damaged.
- Maintain personnel files, keeping in mind legal requirements, compliance, and the duration of file retention.
- Process new hire paperwork and all HR documentation to move to an electronic storage system.
- Other compliance tasks, as requested.
- Develop and maintain a trusted partnership with management to create value and assist in reaching business goals.
- Participate in process improvement efforts to streamline employee initiatives.
- Support leaders in developing their people, organization, leadership; act as a role model for the company.
- Provide guidance and coach team members on all issues related to human resource management.
- Provide consultation and assistance on conduct-related issues.
- Conduct exit interviews for offboarding employees upon their resignation.
- Other employee relations tasks, as requested.
- Promote employee engagement through regular, personal contact resulting in a positive employee relations atmosphere.
- Maintain daily/weekly posts on the Teams application to notify staff of birthdays and company anniversaries.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee engagement events to unify the company.
- Other employee engagement tasks, as requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation/benefit practices, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absences, and federal and state employment laws.
- Strong knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Operational mindset of continuous performance improvement to streamline and automate as opportunities arise.
- Discipline to work in a remote work environment while completing tasks, without distraction.
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization both as a solo producer and an eager collaborator with employees of all levels of experience and seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically required through three or more years of increasing responsibility in human resources, ideally in the health care field.
- Impeccable judgement as it applies to maintaining employee privacy and other confidential company information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized with time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and highly dependable.
- Ability to interface with leadership/management on a daily basis.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, building successful collaborative relationships.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, handle changing priorities, and handle stressful situations with poise and limited guidance.
- Ability to take initiative when company needs and department needs take priority.
- Ability to travel to clinic locations, on occasion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, required.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a human resources generalist role with payroll experience, required.
- Human Resources SHRM-CP or PHR certification, preferred.
- Experience working in a company with multiple locations, nationally.
- Experience working in a high growth company in the healthcare industry.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role can be performed remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role with sitting for long periods of time.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
This company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.